- The World's Most Efficient and Versatile Fireplace
- Traditional Models - With Log Set and Dual Burners – up to 28,000 Btu
- Contemporary Models - with one Linear Burner - up to 20,000 Btu
- Exceeds 90% Efficiency – uses 35% less fuel
- Three-stage heat exchanger
- Super-Clean burning (reduces emission)
- Hot-Surface ignition
- Includes Basic PVC Connections
- Vents in any direction - up to 40 feet - using regular 1 1/2-inch PVC Pipe
- Includes 24-Volt Thermostat
- Installs as a Direct-Vent or Single-Vent System
- Humidifies as it Heats
Creating the Heat
(A) The power vent blower draws in outdoor air (White Arrow) via the PVC intake pipe.
(B) Inside the fireplace the three-stage burner, below the log set, mixes the air and gas
LP or Natural) and burns it to produce heat.
(C) The power vent blower extracts the hot combustion gases (up to 900° Fahrenheit)
out of the combustion chamber and through the heat exchanger (Black Arrow)
(D) The combustion gases exit the heat exchanger (now cooled to less than 130°)
and are forced outdoors through the PVC vent pipe (Gray Arrow)
Circulating the Warmth (Blue and Red Arrows)
(E) The circulation blower draws in room air (Blue Arrow) via louvers beneath the fireplace...
(F) ...and forces it across the heat exchanger fins. This transfers more that 90% of the heat
inside the tubes to the room air.
(G) The blower forces this warm air out through louvers above the fireplace to warm the home (Red Arrow)
Adding the Humidity
(H) Droplets of moisturem a by product of the Mantis' super-efficient heat exchanger, are captured in a holding tank (not visible)
(I) Once the Mantis reaches operating temperature, a pump cycles on to send any collected water onto a stainless steel tray above the combusion chamber, where heat and airflow circulate the water vapor. This added humidity helps alleviate the static shocks, wood furnite damage, and even sore throats caused by dry winter air.
Mantis Fireplace Package (Shown with Matte Black Mantel Surround Kit - FFK28 - and Oak Mantel)
- Installs as Fireplace (In Wall or Mantel) or as Insert
- Choose Conventional Surround (Black, Copper Metallic, or Hammered Pewter) or Louverless Surround (Black or Stainless Steel)
Mantis In-Wall Fireplace Package (Shown with Copper Metallic In-Wall Surround Kit - FWK28)
Green Earth Preferred
Unmatched efficiency, Hot Surface Ignition, clean-burn technology, low-temperature exhaust, state-of-the-art digital controls, and automatic home humidification all combine to make this one of our Green Earth Preferred products.